Saturday, December 22, 2007

Down Here in the Boonies, Anything Goes!

I know I own a home decor and gifts business, but I have to let you know what the true decorating style of the south is. Maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, but in the South, ANYTHING goes! I'm sure you have all heard different stories about the South on TV, among other places. Jeff Foxworthy does a pretty good job in his stand up routines of describing how things are down here in Boonieville.

Cars up on blocks in the front yard? Don't have any of those myself, but I have seen plenty of them around the area! Anyone need an extra washer, dryer, refrigerator (you get the drift) - you can find one down the road in so-and-so's yard. May have to weed eat around it to get to it, though.

I have to tell you this one little story - this is the honest to God's truth. About 3 miles from where I live, there is a little white frame house that is actually kept pretty neat and clean, but there is one thing that I saw in passing one day and had to rub my eyes and look again. There, in the middle of the front yard, were two toilets, painted black, with flowers growing in them! I know we do some pretty unheard of things in the South, but I had NEVER seen this done before! We still get a pretty good laugh when we pass that house. Funny thing is, I really believe they think it looks attractive!

Anyway, I like the country interior decor. I have wagon wheels hanging on my living room wall, an old washboard, antique saws and fishing and hunting shadowboxes. With wood floors and a black iron wood stove, this makes for a pretty cabin in the woods type of decor. Warm, inviting and cozy. That's how I like it! But I will leave the toilet and extra household item yard decorating to others - that's not really my style! I'd rather have a big buck decoy, myself.

Tess

Bottom Line Wholesale

No comments: